Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Recipes are an Art Form! Who Knew?

I was raised by a person that cooked without recipe books.  In those days there might be a Joy of Cooking book or something similar but most people would wing it or jot down things on oil-stained paper.  I've always been a drop-of-this, a smidge-of-that, or a few-shakes-of-this type of cook.  Apparently I've been doing things all wrong!

My better half is always reminding me to "write things down" or "why does this taste different this time?" One, it's part of my personality.  I like change in many areas - especially in food.  Just by omitting one spice and adding a different one it's almost like a new dish! Well, apparently that's not helpful for people that follow recipes.

So a few things I'm working on:

  1. Exact measurements for recipes that have been tried and tested many times
  2. A print function for this blog.  I thought I had it but apparently not.  Still working on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment