Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Engine 2 Diet National Challenge

Eating a plant-based diet, at least for me, takes effort and concentration. As I've mentioned previously, I'm not doing it for moral or religious reasons (I wish I were) but for health reason. Eating a poor diet isn't lethal on day one or day two but typically years or decades later.  So, the day-to-day decisions can be easily swept under the rug, punted or the can kicked down the road to deal with at a later time. That's why I like to participate in group activities to help keep me on task.

I'm currently part of a "W8" challenge at my place of work. We get points for things such as exercising 30 minutes a day, drinking 8 glasses of water, tracking our food through My Fitness Pal, and other things.  At the end of the challenge we're put in a raffle for prizes and the more points we earn the better the odds to win something awesome.

Today I signed up for the Engine 2 Diet National Challenge.  This will help me to stay focused on what I put into that huge round (well almost) hole located between my nose and chin.  For the most part I do well but I can always use a little bit of encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment