Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

P90X Still has Legs

The evolution of my foray into getting my fat ass off the couch and into shape began with the book Body 4 Life.  Remember that one?  It was a good start for me.  It didn't get bogged down in the weeds and had a positive and upbeat message.  I had a tough time believing some of the stories and testimonials but over the past 10 years I've realized the human body can accomplish remarkable things.

I slowly began to change my eating habits.  It was a slow and meticulous process but I didn't quit.  My brother and I went to a local gym and began to follow the Body 4 Life exercise regime and that's when I realized I wasn't in good shape at all.  I did that for awhile and began to develop some improved strength and eating habits.

I next went to P90 which was Tony Horton's big splash for Beachbody.  I really like it - it was simple and worked the entire body.  I particularly liked the ab workout (better than the one with P90X).  I continued to refine my diet and then was bit by the P90X bug!

Yes, I fell hook line and sinker.  It was brutal, nasty, difficult but somewhat compelling. I remember the first time I did Plyo X I was certain that I was going to d - i - e! I began working out so intensely I would often turn down junk food.  I'd tell myself, "Tim, you've worked too hard to give it all up for a paczki!" I finally was able to complete 10 pulls ups at time (when I started 1 was a struggle!) and made remarkable gains on other area as well.

I never experienced the phenomenal results that others did (testimonial people) but was satisfied with my results.  Now I go back to the DVD's on a regular basis.  I'm doing a hybrid P90X workout currently.  I'm following the lifting exercises on M-W-F and doing cardio (bike or run) on T - TH and Yoga on Saturday or Sunday.

I can honestly say the purchase price of $139 has been worth it.  Great value and I'm still using it many, many years after the original purchase. My heart has improved, I have some decent muscle tone, and I'm definitely much more flexible than ever before.

Now what about Insanity???

No comments:

Post a Comment