Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, January 20, 2014

No Qualifiers Needed

I'm convinced on several different levels that humans do not need to eat any animal products whatsoever.  Granted, NOT eating them can be challenging because they will pop up in the most obscure places (sugar, I'm looking at you!).

Dairy Milk - not needed.  I even find it a bit disturbing that we continue to drink a food that was designed for a different species.  Got Milk? ads were clever and the dairy association has done an admirable job in propagandizing the masses.  Imagine, if you will, the good 'Ol USA is invaded by creatures from Uranus and they desire to drink human breast milk wouldn't we consider that odd?  We'd probably consider it strange if a human breast fed long after the "weaning" process but we simply switch species and delivery method and it's hunky dory.

Protein - most people believe the only way to get protein is through meat but that's not the case at all.  Plants contain protein - lots of it.

In my writing I typically will not qualify my discussions or ingredients by saying something is vegan.  If I mention milk, cream, or other things it's plant based.  I don't use dairy milk in my recipes and if something is obscure I will link to it.  For example, when making cream soups I will link to a prior recipe for cream that is plant based so to avoid any confusion.  I just don't feel it's necessary to preface every ingredient with the word VEGAN.

Make sense?


No comments:

Post a Comment