Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The World's Worst Smoothie

I've done it.  Without a doubt I made the world's worst smoothie today.  To make matters worse it's all I had available for breakfast so I'm "choking it down" as I type this morbid post.

I received a portable blender (Nutri-Bullet) for my birthday a few days ago.  I figured I could take it to my office and use it there and use my oh-so-awesome-Vitamix at home.  So I toted this clunky contraption on the train along with my laptop, shoes, and food for the week.  I pre-loaded the mixer with the smoothie contents and bleh.

A few handfuls of kale, about a cup of blackberries, a date, chia seeds, and topped it off with almond milk and OJ.  OH. MY. GOD.  It's absolutely disgusting. I'm sure it's good for me but yuck! It even smells yucky.

Memo to Tim: Don't make this again.

Hope my days gets better from here.

I ran 3 miles today on the programmed hill routine on the treadmill.  It took me 33 minutes and says I burned 400 calories.  So at last that is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment