Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, February 17, 2014

The Triple S Challenge

Over the next 6 weeks I am going to lose at least 12 pounds and don't intend to find it ever again!  Bye, bye love handles, and excess back fat, and pudgy pecs, and round face.  How? The Triple S Challenge.

I've been contemplating this challenge for quite some time and put into practice today.  I'm going to track my progress, use this blog to keep me accountable and if I get the results I expect will formalize it all.

So what is it? It's a simplified way of eating that provides maximum nutrition with minimal calories.  Each day I will have  a smoothie for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and soup for dinner - Monday through Friday.  Or they can be mixed up to suit my needs for that particular day.  On the weekends I have 2 of the 3 and eat a "sensible" meal for the others. 

I believe it's simple and most certainly will be effective.  Now it's time to "flesh" it out.  So today I did the first P90X routine (Chest & Back).  I had a smoothie that contained Kale, pear, peach, date, chia seeds, and almond milk.  Lunch was arugula, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, and bok choy.  I cooked two larges pots of soup: vegetable & white bean and split pea.  I will eat off of those for the remainder of the week. 

Today I weighed in at 161.2 pounds and I intend to be less than 150 on March 31, 2014.  Honestly, it's not all about the weight - it's about being healthy.  Being overweight is unhealthy.  There are many bad things that accompany being overweight and none of them are good for us. 

I think this will be a simple and effective method to kick start a healthy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment